The easy way of Project Design by
Download InstantProject for
Mac OS X (.zip, 2.46 MB)
Instantly design your projects
- Start InstantProject by double clicking on it.
- Draw task boxes of any size with the mouse.
- Modify the size and position of the task boxes at any time by dragging with the mouse.
- Hold down the control key while moving or sizing for temporarily disabling snapping to grid.
- Change the task type by choosing from the "View" menu from: "Activity", "Milestone", "Objective", "Stop".
- Enter descriptive text in the box, and format it to your needs, using the "Paragraph" and "Font" formatting menus and/or the Ruler.
- Adjust font, font face, font size and other font attributes by exploring the "Font menu".
- Drag & drop small images into the descriptive text.
- Edit the start date, and task duration in h or the end date.
- Enter the short names of passive resources (e.g. raw materials), separated by comma, in the bottom-left text field of the task box.
- Enter the short names of active resources (e.g. human resources, analytical devices, bulldozers, etc.), separated by comma, in the bottom-right text field of the task box.
- Change the text and font format of said resource fields to your need.
- Connect the task boxes by <cmd>-dragging the connection going from one to a new or to an existing box.
- Edit the retention period in h of the connection (may be negative).
- Define in the "Preferences" panel the grid space for nice positioning and sizing of the task boxes.
- Define in the Preferences panel wether time periods shall be absolute or based on working hours 8-12 and 13-17 (default is working hours).
- <shift>-select and <shift>-drag-select groups of task boxes.
- Arrange selected task boxes forwards or backwards.
- Move around selected task boxes using the mouse.
- Delete selected task boxes or selected connections.
- Group/lock/align selected task boxes.
- Copy selected task boxes and paste it to the same or another project network pane.
- <option>-drag selections for dropping a copy into the same or onto another project network pane.
- Use the zoom menu at the bottom-left of the InstantProject document window to zoom in/out your project design.
- Copy selected task boxes and paste as PDF image or TSV table into documents of other applications.
- <option>-drag selections for dropping a PDF image or a TSV table into documents of other applications.
- Save the project design in the fast and efficient native InstantProject format (.iprj).
- Export the project design as a PDF-Image-File.
- Import/export the project design as a TSV-Table-File.
- Select "Show Arrows" from the View menu for toggling display of small direction-indicators on the connections.
- Select "Show Page Breaks" from the "View" menu, change the "Scale" percentage in the "Page Setup" panel and move around the task boxes to adjust your design for multi page printing.
- Select "Hide Dates & Times", "Hide Descriptions", "Hide Resources", and "Hide Tunnel Retentions" from the "View" menu for toggling display of the text fields and views that are attached to the task boxes and the connecting tunnels.
Requirements and Limitations
InstantProject works on Apple Macintosh Computers running Mac OS X greater than 10.6.8.
As of the present version 0.6, InstantProject is already quite useful for Project Design, but it still lacks many features that are necessary for Project Management.
Although version 0.6 is not feature complete, it is not beta software. All implemented features are suposed to work, i.e. there are no known bugs.
Version 0.6 is also lacking a manual, and in its present stage, InstantProject does not claim to be a professional software package, and therefore it comes for free.
Of course, this won't prevent professionals to already make use of it.